The return to work went as smoothly as I could have hoped. Minus the tears on the first day, I can't help but love dropping Luke off at daycare because Miss Tiffany, the room lead, LOVES to snuggle with him. Don't worry though - he saves plenty of snuggles and smiles for me at home :)
After the chaos of returning to work, it was time to relax and celebrate the 4th of July (after I completed my summer school course!). Luke is still a bit too little to spend much time out in the heat, so we had to skip the boat this year; however, we had a great time having some friends and neighbors over for a BBQ.
Our friends, Laura and Jason (from Minot), Lindsay (and Tiger), and Rick and Faith (with Luke's newest playmate on the way), and Lindsay's husband, Rob, all came over to shoot off fireworks. There is something about testosterone and fireworks that makes boys crazy, so the girls and I just sat back and watched the boys go crazy. Luke is still too little to run away from the fireworks, so he stayed up by us girls and laughed at his daddy acting silly. He sure did look cute, though, in his 4th of July attire!
After playing outside all night, it was time to get cleaned up......
....because it was time for Luke to go see his first movie in the theater! Daddy got to pick out what we saw since it's the last bit of free time he's going to have for a bit, so we went to see Grown Ups which was actually pretty funny. I, personally, voted for Eclipse, but I guess we'll have to save that for a date for me and Luke while Patrick is gone.
It's time for bed because we have to get Patrick to base bright and early so he can leave. For those of you who don't know - he starts Weapons School tomorrow. The only way to explain it is that it's like getting his Master's in the B-52. He'll be out in Vegas for two weeks of academics, but then it's 16+ hour work days/6 days a week until December. Wish him luck!!!!!!
Best of luck with Weapons School! You guys are strong and I know that you can make it through anything. Big hugs! Can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteYou mean 16+ hours a day SEVEN days a week...if there were 8 days in a week he would be there then too! Hey, if you need anything just give me a call! It is a stressful 6 months but you will get through it...and Luke is ADORABLE!!!!!
ReplyDelete