Dear Claire,
Your dad and I really do love you. When you grow up and question why there are 1,000,000,000 pictures of Luke from each day of his life and only 1 per month for you, please understand it is not because we didn't love you. I will simply blame it on the fact that you are the second child. You are very cute, and do deserve just as many pictures, so we promise to work on that....
Here you are enjoying some exercise time while Luke was at school. I may not have many pictures, but I at least look out for your well-being and only put you on the floor when your brother won't step on your face. You'll thank me someday.
After we picked up your brother from school, you were sound asleep, and I just couldn't bear to bother you.
So Luke ate some dinner....
And practiced walking around the house....
And watched Ellen.... Yes, this a ritual each day at our house.
When Claire finally woke up from her nap, I thought it was a brilliant idea to teach Luke to help his sister. So, the three of us filled up the baby tub, and Luke helped give Claire a bath!! Luke and I managed to stay in our original outfits, Claire actually got clean, and the carpet didn't get ruined. We're not sure what Claire thought, but just like with the lack of pictures - she'll forgive us someday.
I think we'll be writing a similar note to Baby Brother!
ReplyDelete