....I'll lose weight later....
....I'll save money after this one last vacation....
....I'll clean that storage room next week....
...I'll start blogging again when I am not utterly exhausted....
Well, enough of that. It's time to start writing again.
Throughout the long nights when we are awake with Claire while she doesn't feel well, nothing brings me more happiness than reading old posts from when Luke and Claire were babies. I had convinced myself that I wouldn't forget all of the "little moments", but considering that I'm lucky I remember my pants most days, my memory is sub-par, at best.
Consider this little gem of a conversation:
(After a night of about 3 hours of sleep and a loooonnnnngggg workday, I had just slipped into a hot bath with a glass of wine, when my little sidekick charged through the door.)
Luke: "Mom, I gotta shit."
Me: "You have to poop?"
Luke: "Yeah...shit."
(sigh....I don't know where he ever heard that...)
Me: "Ok. Go ahead. You don't need me - you can take care of yourself."
(Luke proceeds to finish his business.)
Luke: "All done!"
Me: "Did you wipe?"
Luke: "Yep. Look!!"
(Not checking wasn't a gamble I was about to take.)
Me: "Luke! There is no toilet paper in here!!! You said you wiped!"
Luke: (slapping his hand to his forehead) "Oops!!! Forgot"
Here's to hoping that I remember these funny conversations and that Luke remembers to wipe.
| Throwback picture to last year...... |
No comments:
Post a Comment