Case in point:
Late Friday afternoon, I was on a call for work after our nanny was already gone for the day. Luke was nicely playing on the iPad, Claire was playing with a toy, and Aubrey was asleep. Of course, as soon as I answered my phone, it was like I had turned on a giant magnet for 6-year-olds, and Luke was immediately at the door signaling that he had to potty (why do all my stories start like this?!?)
I waved him off, heard the toilet, and then the patter of his feet running back to the living room. Success! So, I continued my call until I started hearing, "Help!" and then some other muffled word. I gave it a few minutes, but of course it didn't stop because I was still on my call. So, I walked into the other room to find Luke inside the refrigerator....naked......trying to get a glass of milk. Apparently, his trip to the bathroom made him thirsty and putting his pants back on was just a little too much effort.
"Help. Mom. Cold!"
Yep. If you climb into a refrigerator while naked, you will get cold. Lesson learned.
Don't tell me we haven't had an educational summer vacation.
| Luke always tries to help supervise his sisters....fully clothed and without a glass of milk. |
No comments:
Post a Comment