Just yesterday one of my good friends jokingly posted on Facebook that she wanted to quit her job as a stay-at-home mom and go to work because it was easier. It was ironic that she posted when she did because I, too, was having one of those days.
Needless to say, the transition from working full-time (I'm going back in July after maternity leave) to cuddling at home with a newborn has been quite the shock. When Luke was having one of his "gassy spells" yesterday and crying non-stop, the thought of being at work seemed pretty nice! Not to mention, Luke's crying is not the prettiest right now due to some clogged tear ducts. The doctor says it is pretty common in babies, and, call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of the green eye goo.
Then, when he finally calmed down and we washed off his poor little eyes, he looked so peaceful randomly smiling in his sleep (maybe it was just gas). Although I miss going to work everyday, I wouldn't trade this time at home for the world. Today, we even ventured out on our first trip without Patrick or his mom around to help and neither of us melted down!! It might take me a bit, but I'll eventually get the full hang of this mommy gig. For now, please excuse me while I go wipe off some more green eye goo.
Well...that green goo could be coming from other orifices of Luke's little body! Count your blessings! Looks like Ralphie is enjoying the relaxed "rules of the house" (in Luke's room and on Luke's blanket). I guess he needed a "little tummy time" too!
ReplyDeleteSomeday, Luke is going to hug you, kiss you and say "I love you" and you are going to think back on a day like this and know that it was 150% worth it!
ReplyDeleteThe green eye goo is the WORST! Madison had a lovely eye infection (the goo they put on their eyes didn't work for her). Soon, it will be all gone :) Thinking of you...
ReplyDelete