Then, Luke needed a little nap before his next bottle, so grandma and I headed down to the Boardwalk to grab some lunch. The weather was absolutely perfect so we ate outside, did a little shopping, and enjoyed the break from the hospital. After 9 months of not really buying much, it was FABULOUS to buy some new clothes!
Luke decided he wanted to be a bit stubborn on his afternoon bottle and not eat much. He obviously wants to come home since he tried to pull the little tubes out of his nose in an attempt to escape the hospital; however, the nurse put the tubes back and told him he had to stay with her a bit longer. Unfortunately, he still has a long way to go before he is breathing completely on his own and drinking a bottle at EVERY feeding. We'll get there though....
Ooooh. Such a sweet baby boy! I miss him so much! Cannot wait to get back to LA and hold Baby Luke again!
ReplyDeleteMelissa (and Patrick), I can not say that I completely know what you are going through, but I do know a little something about having a baby (or three) in the NICU. It's tough to leave them there, but...
ReplyDeleteWhen I read that he drank a bottle and stayed awake afterwards, What a major accomplishment!!! Made me smile :) A huge milestone Luke is working on to get out of the NICU! Isn't it such a wonderful feeling as a mom to see that?!?!
Take Care,
Shayna