Luke started off the day very sad because Grandma Godinez told him she had to go back to Wichita. Luckily, she got to spend some time with him by herself at the hospital so she could hold him without sharing. While they were together, she and Luke made a surprise card for Patrick and I when we made our
visit la
Then, to cheer up the day, our friends Suzi and Heather came up to snuggle with Luke. Suzi had been begging for days to pinch Luke's chubby thighs and she finally had her chance! Plus, it gave me some much needed "girl time".
In between all of the excitement with visitors Luke also had another bottle. Although he didn't do quite as well as the doctor would have liked, he managed to drink over 1/2 of it with no problem! His breathing is getting much better though, so he's showing lots of promise after one week in NICU.
I want to hold him too...give him a big kiss from the Moncriefs!
ReplyDeleteWho me?! Beg?! Noooo...can't be. I'm sure I just asked nicely...repeatedly ;) Is that the same thing? Oh but it was worth every minute of waiting! And I am up for more 'girl time' ANYTIME!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, LOVE the pic of Grandma holding Luke!! Good to see that!
ReplyDeleteWish I was there to pinch his checks! Love you all!
ReplyDelete